HSBC Wellington Seven 2017 Ticket Terms and Conditions
All tickets issued by the New Zealand Rugby Union Incorporated ("NZR") for the 2017 Wellington Sevens are issued on the terms and conditions set out below ("Conditions").
- These Conditions are deemed to incorporate the rules and regulations of the ticketer ticketing the Tournament and the venue at which the Tournament is played (“Venue”). In case of any conflict between these Conditions and such rules and regulations, these Conditions will prevail. Any person who purchases, possesses and/or uses or attempts to use any Ticket shall be deemed to have accepted, and agreed to comply with, these Conditions.
- Any breach of any Condition may, in addition to any other remedy NZR may have, and even if the holder of the Ticket did not have notice of the Conditions or the breach, result in refusal of entry, eviction/expulsion from the Venue, cancellation of the Ticket and non-refund of the price of the Ticket. All Tickets remain the property of NZR. In the event of a breach of any of these Conditions, Tickets will, upon request of NZR, be delivered up or surrendered to NZR. Such actions are without prejudice to other remedies which may include a fine and/or legal action.
- Ticket Holders will be obliged, upon request, to give an explanation as to how, from whom and from where their Tickets have been obtained and at what price.
- It is an essential condition of issuance of Tickets and the right of admission to the Tournament conferred on the Ticket Holder that Tickets must not be and have not been:
a. offered (including for sale by way of auction), provided, resold or transferred for a value greater than the original sale price;
b. used in relation to any promotional or commercial purposes (including any competitions, advertising, promotion or as a prize in any competition or sweepstake whether for a business or a charity or otherwise) or to enhance the demand for any other goods or services or as part of a hospitality or travel package;
c. transferred or otherwise disposed of to any person who agrees to buy any good(s) or service(s) in return for the Ticket; and/or
d. bundled with any other goods or services (including as part of any hospitality or travel package), without NZR's prior written consent.
- Entry to the Venue will only be authorised upon presentation of a valid Ticket (one Ticket will be required for each person, regardless of age) and, upon request, proof of identity with valid photograph and signature. Ticket Holders must comply with the security protocols in place at the Venue as well as any applicable safety and security regulations.
- Exit turnstiles will be in operation which will allow re-entry with a valid ticket prior to 4pm. There will be no pass outs after 4pm on both days of the tournament, meaning Ticket Holders leaving the venue after 4pm will not be admitted back into the venue on that day.
- Entrance to the Venue will be refused to: any person noticeably under the influence of alcohol, narcotics or any behaviour-modifying substance; any person behaving, or considered likely to behave, violently, harmfully or contrary to public order; any person not dressed in accordance with generally accepted standards of public decency or the Venue dress code and costume guidelines; no bare feet are permitted, no clothing or signs displaying offensive messages, no gang patches, no high visibility clothing. Costumes must conform to reasonable standards of decency, it must not be so large so as to take up more space than your allocated seat or impact the view of others. Accessories that look like or can be used as weapons are not permitted In relation to all of these matters the assessment of gate staff will be determinative and final. Entrance will also be refused to any person who attempts to bring in prohibited items, fails to comply with security or gate staff requests, who has previously been issued with a trespass notice that still applies, or who is not authorised to be in the Venue, for example has no valid entry ticket or accreditation pass.
- Ticket Holders agree that it is an essential condition of issuance of Tickets and the right of admission to the Tournament conferred on the Ticket Holder that any person at, or entering, or attempting to enter, the Venue is, without limitation expressly prohibited from:
a. holding or bringing any prohibited or restricted items (to be assessed at the discretion of the stewards, security, safety personnel and/or any other persons legally authorised to take such steps at the Venue (“Authorised Persons”)) including, without limitation; alcohol; illicit substances; knives; weapons; fireworks; glass; cans; bottles; thermos flasks; hot food; commercially produced takeaway food; hard cool boxes; chilly bins, picnic baskets; large bags unable to fit under a seat; compressed gas containers; political, religious, offensive or race-related banners, signs, slogans or materials; flares; air horns; sound amplifiers including loudhailers; toy guns or water pistols; smoke bombs and flag sticks; prams, strollers, pushchairs; dogs or other pets; laser pointers; skateboards, roller blades, scooters or bicycles; chairs of any kind; or items that are dangerous or may interfere with the enjoyment, comfort or safety of other persons or security at the Venue ("Prohibited Items");
b. using, possessing or holding promotional or commercial objects and materials; engaging in any ambush marketing; gambling; conducting any commercial activity; offering (either for free or for sale), selling or possessing goods with intent to sell such as drinks, food, souvenirs, clothes, promotional and/or commercial items, without prior written approval of NZR. All such items, or other Prohibited Items, may be removed or confiscated (temporarily or for destruction) by Authorised Persons;
c. engaging in disruptive or dangerous behaviour including, without limitation; propelling, throwing, casting, thrusting or firing any objects; engaging in or instigating violence, racism or xenophobia; behaving in a way that others may interpret as provocative, threatening, discriminatory, abusive or offensive; creating any threat to the life or safety of themselves or others, or harming another person in any way whatsoever; climbing lighting masts, fences, roofs and other apparatus or constructions; or standing on seats;
d. entering or circulating in restricted access areas or other areas where that person is not permitted, including the playing enclosure; and e. entering or attending where that person is banned by competent authorities or sports governing bodies, from attending rugby Tournaments, receiving Tickets, entering the Venue or remaining at the Venue;
- Ticket Holders agree that it is an essential condition of the right to enter and remain in the Premium Zone’s exclusive Mezzanine Bar that persons:
a. wear an authorised Premium Zone identifier that is complete and has not been corrupted in any way, and present such identifier for inspection on request, and
b. are required to conduct themselves with a high degree of regard for those seated around them, and, in addition to the other requirements of these terms and conditions, are expressly prohibited from engaging in disruptive behaviour including, without limitation; standing stationary in aisles or in front of seats while games are being played; unruly or obnoxious behaviour; or behaviour that may otherwise impact detrimentally on the enjoyment of the game for others.
Access to the Premium Zone’s exclusive Mezzanine Bar is subject to capacity restriction and may be limited at times.
- Ticket Holders agree that it is an essential condition of the right to enter and remain in the Family Zone that at least one child is in attendance as part of the booking, that the Family Zone is a moderate alcohol consumption area, that all persons wear an authorised Family Zone identifier that is complete and has not been corrupted in any way, and present such identifier for inspection on request; and that any person in the Family Zone is required to conduct themselves with a high degree of regard for those seated around them, and in addition to the other requirements of these terms and conditions is expressly prohibited from; a. engaging in disruptive behaviour including, without limitation; standing stationary in aisles or in front of seats while games are being played; unruly or obnoxious behaviour; or behaviour that may otherwise impact detrimentally on the enjoyment of the game for others. Family Zone amenities are for the exclusive use of Family Zone ticket holders.
- Patrons may bring the following food & drink items; empty plastic water bottles up to 1 litre in size (empty plastic water bottles may be filled in the Venue from water outlets located at aisles 2, 6, 9, 12, 23, 25, 28, & 32 – the 1 litre restriction still applies; note no liquids including water may be brought into the Venue, whether the vessel is sealed or not); small amounts of food for personal consumption, such as sandwiches, fruit, chippies, cakes etc. contained in one small bag per ticket holder. The bag must be soft-sided and fit under your seat. Please note that ample food and beverage outlets including free water refill outlets are easily accessible at the Venue.
- Any person attending the Tournament acknowledges that his/her presence and/or movement in and around the Venue is at his/her own risk and that to the maximum extent permitted by law, NZR, the Venue and other Authorised Persons or any other relevant body cannot be held liable for any loss and/or harm, including but not limited to bodily or mental harm, personal property damage or loss, or any other loss and/or harm arising from and/or occurring during attendance at the Venue, and without limitation to the foregoing, no claim, complaint or proceeding will be brought by Ticket Holders in relation to the foregoing.
- There is no smoking in the Venue and seating bowl. Smoking is only permitted outside the building in designated smoking areas.
- Ticket Holders will indemnify and hold NZR, the Venue, Authorised Persons or any other relevant body harmless from and against all damages and liabilities suffered or incurred in connection with, resulting from, or arising out of, a breach of these Conditions.
- For the purpose of safety, security and checking compliance with these Conditions, all persons attending the Tournament shall, if requested by any Authorised Persons, co-operate by: a. producing, and surrendering for inspection, a valid Ticket and proof of identity with valid photograph and signature; b. submitting to the search and inspection of any parcel, bag, garment or other item in their possession or worn by them, and/or body checks for the purpose of detecting and removing Prohibited Items; and c. complying with the instructions and guidelines of such personnel.
- All patrons and their possessions may be subject to searches before entering the Venue. Searches may also be carried out during an event and when leaving the Venue. Patrons who refuse to participate in searches may be denied entry to the Venue or may be asked to leave the venue. All vehicles entering and leaving the Venue may be searched. Prohibited items will be confiscated and the offending patrons may be denied entry for both days of the tournament. If a person refuses to be searched or refuses to remove prohibited items from the Venue, such person will not be permitted to enter or remain in the Venue.
- Ticket holders may be asked to leave the Venue if they: use obscene language, are verbally or physically abusive, or behave in a disorderly or offensive manner; are intoxicated or under the influence of illicit substances; are carrying out unauthorised activities within the Venue; throw items in the air or onto the pitch (including during Mexican waves); or fail to comply with any of the Terms and Conditions as set out.
- Ticket Holders acknowledge that they are individually responsible for their own property and there is no storage available at the Venue.
- All sales or other issuance of Tickets is final and non-refundable unless required by applicable New Zealand law. NZR reserves the right to not replace or accept any Ticket that has been lost, stolen, forgotten, damaged, forged or is unreadable.
- Patrons are not allowed on the playing area before, during or after sports events. Without prejudice to other actions open to NZR and the Venue, breach of this rule will result in eviction, and issue of a trespass notice, and such action may result in arrest.
- Photographs or any other recording of sound or images taken within the Venue may be used only for personal, private non-commercial purposes. It is forbidden to disseminate over the Internet, radio, television or any other current and/or future media, any sound, image, description, or result and/or statistics of the Tournament in whole or in part, or assist any other person(s) conducting such activities. Making, or distribution of; broadcasts; commentary; news reports or statistics (by any means in any format or media including any such content made, recorded or captured in still or moving form by mobile phone or other wireless device) is also forbidden.
- Any person attending the Tournament and associated events:
a. acknowledges that it is likely to be recorded in a number of media and publicly disseminated;
b. agrees that perpetual use may be made, free of charge, of his/her voice, image and likeness whilst at the Venue or associated event outside the Venue, by means of live or recorded video display, broadcast, transmission or other dissemination or recording, photographs or any other current and/or future media technologies; and
c. waives, on an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual basis, all rights to object to such broadcasting, transmission or dissemination in any media.
- NZR reserves the right to make alterations to the times, dates and Venue of the Tournament or other details governed by any Ticket in the event of unforeseen or other circumstances, including without limitation, force majeure, safety and security concerns or decisions from any other competent authority. In the event of such alteration, NZR will not be liable to the Ticket Holder or any other person for any loss resulting from such change. In the event that any Match is cancelled, an adequate and proportionate refund/compensation process may be set up by NZR in its entire discretion depending on the circumstances.
- Information about a Ticket purchaser is gathered and stored to identify the Ticket purchaser and for administration, communication, enforcement and access control purposes. The Ticket purchaser has a right of access to, and correction of, his/her personal information.
- Any information requests should be addressed to:
New Zealand Rugby
PO Box 2172
- In the event that any provision(s) of these Conditions be declared void, ineffective or unenforceable by any competent court, the remainder of these Conditions will remain in effect as if such void, ineffective or unenforceable provision(s) had not been included.
- Wellington Regional Stadium Trust and NZR reserves the right to make amendments to these conditions from time to time at Wellington Regional Stadium Trust and NZR’s sole discretion and without any notice. A full copy of the latest version of the Conditions (as amended, if appropriate) will be available at www.sevens.co.nz/tickets and www.westpacstadium.co.nz